Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Bristol Fire Company No. 1 on the corner of Wood Street and Market Street]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.9.091

Description

Friend’s Meeting House (1711) across the street with closed white shutters. [Photo was likely taken in 1926 when William Doron donated his car to the company. Franklin Gilkenson is likely the chief in the white hat. The other man is unidentified. The stable was added in 1886 with an arched door to match the other two doors. When this photo was taken the arch had been removed.] This information was supplied by Jerome Mead of Fire Company No. 1 in 2000.

Date

circa 1926

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Collection

Citation

“[Bristol Fire Company No. 1 on the corner of Wood Street and Market Street],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed February 24, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/1316.