Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Spector’s Store, a men’s clothing store, founded in 1907 at 233 Mill Street]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.13a.033

Description

The family lived over their store. In the photograph Maurice Spector is standing with his son Mitchell. In 1960, Mitchell Spector bought an adjacent men’s store owned by Marty Green and combined both businesses. Spector retired and the store closed. In 2015, James Lutz, a former Bristol Borough Councilman opened a store in this building that sells baseball cards and other historic items that deal with baseball.

Please note: This photograph was originally identified as featuring David Spector with his son Maurice--this has been corrected by Paul Spector (son of Mitchell) as featuring Maurice and his son Mitchell -- 2022.

Date

May 30, 1921

Contributor

Photograph description provided by Carol and Harold Mitchener.

Date of photograph and revised identification provided by Paul Spector, 2022.

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Citation

“[Spector’s Store, a men’s clothing store, founded in 1907 at 233 Mill Street],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed March 3, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/1828.