Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

"Coleman House, Bristol, PA."

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.13b.084

Description

Radcliffe Street looking Northeast.

Left: the Coleman House, later called The Temperance House, followed by the Silbert House, As of 2016 it is an Italian Restaurant called Annabella’s. On the left, beyond the hotel and two small buildings, is the old Town Hall (note bell tower). This building sat in the middle of Market Street facing the Delaware River. It was built in 1831 and removed in 1938. The old bell is on the lawn of the present Municipal Building opened in 1927. Note the tracks for the electric trolley line in the middle of the street. This trolley line connected Philadelphia and Morrisville via Bristol between 1900 and 1932. Gasoline powered bus transportation replaced the trolley.

Date

Undated

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Citation

“"Coleman House, Bristol, PA.",” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed March 3, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/1951.