Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Market Street Wharf, with two of Bristol’s banking institutions visible]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.13b.093

Description

The white building with columns is the former Farmer’s Bank founded in 1814. The red brick building is First Service Bank erected in 1950 by the Bristol Trust Company, later to be called Delaware Valley Bank, Philadelphia National Bank, and First Union Bank. In 1998 First Union Bank and Fidelity Bank merged to become Wachovia Bank. In May of 1999 First Service Bank opened at this site.

Date

Undated

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Citation

“[Market Street Wharf, with two of Bristol’s banking institutions visible],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed February 24, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/1958.