Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Large building believed to have been the bath house at Burlington Island Park]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.14b.007

Description

Opened in 1900, the park attracted thousands in season. Until 1917, only small amusements rides (swings etc.) were available. In 1917 large amusements continued until fire nearly destroyed the island’s rides in 1928. In 1934 another fire finished the job. Swimming, boating, and picnics were always popular.

Date

Undated

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Collection

Citation

“[Large building believed to have been the bath house at Burlington Island Park],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed February 24, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/2415.