Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Presbyterian Church of Our Savior]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.2.073

Description

The Presbyterian Church of Our Savior. Twentieth-century Italian immigration brought a need for Protestant Italians to have a place to worship. Starting as summer services in 1907-1909, the Presbyterian church of our Savior was dedicated in 1910 at Wood Street and Lincoln Avenue. Services were conducted in Italian. In 1966, Presbyterian authorities dissolved the church, encouraging the congregation to join with the Bristol Presbyterian Church on Radcliffe Street. This picture was taken post-1966. The building was used by a non-religious organization until fire gutted the structure and the remainder of the structure was demolished. A house was erected on this site.

Date

post-1966

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Citation

“[Presbyterian Church of Our Savior],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed July 25, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/259.