Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

Browse Items (1 total)

  • 7-9-080.jpg

    Bristol Fire Company No. 1 was founded 1857 located on Wood Street at Market Street. It served as Bristol’s first fire company. In 1875, a third story was added to house meetings of the Borough Council until 1926-27 when the municipal building was constructed. Engine doors of the building were also altered (at around the same time). Photograph taken before 1875 as the fire plug had not yet been installed on the street corner.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2