Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Bristol Fire Company No. 1]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.9.080

Description

Bristol Fire Company No. 1 was founded 1857 located on Wood Street at Market Street. It served as Bristol’s first fire company. In 1875, a third story was added to house meetings of the Borough Council until 1926-27 when the municipal building was constructed. Engine doors of the building were also altered (at around the same time). Photograph taken before 1875 as the fire plug had not yet been installed on the street corner.

Date

circa 1872

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Collection

Citation

“[Bristol Fire Company No. 1],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed July 25, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/1306.