Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Postcard: Bristol Carpet Mills when owned by Thomas L. Leedom Company]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.8.020

Description

Located on Beaver Street near Pond Street and opened in 1877. Was the last mill brought to Bristol by the Bristol Improvement Company. The carpet mill closed in the 1950s and an oil industry used the building until it was removed for the construction of the Grundy Recreation Center and Ice Rink circa 2000.

Date

circa 1910

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Collection

Citation

“[Postcard: Bristol Carpet Mills when owned by Thomas L. Leedom Company],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed July 25, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/1186.