Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Bristol Post Office at Radcliffe and Market Streets]

Item

Dublin Core

Identifier

7.13b.044

Description

This building stood at the corner of Radcliffe and Market Streets. It was removed circa 1949 when a new red brick structure was built to house a bank. As the photograph indicated, it was the U.S. Post Office until a new Post Office was erected at Beaver and Prospect Streets in 1914. The upper floor was a lecture hall and part of the building housed an antique store. After the postal service moved it became a ticket office for ferry boats and the trolley.

Date

1910

Rights

Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at archive@grundylibrary.org.

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.

Citation

“[Bristol Post Office at Radcliffe and Market Streets],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed February 24, 2024, https://archive.grundylibrary.org/items/show/1915.