Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives

[Berwick House]


Dublin Core




Located on the Landreth Estate called Bloomsdale. It was closer to Green Lane than the Bloomsdale House. Berwick was built in 1875 by David Landreth and the cost was twenty-two thousand dollars. It was made of brick. David Landreth lived there until 1895 when he moved back to Bloomsdale House. He remained in Bloomsdale House until 1903. At that time, Annie Landreth took possession of the estate and home in a sheriff’s sale. Mr. Landreth moved to a rented house on Radcliffe Street in Bristol at number 628.

The people in the photograph are (from left to right) Burnet Landreth, David Landreth V with dog, Meta Phillips Landreth, Van Phillips, Nellie Phillips, Frances Landreth, and Symintgon Phillips Landreth with dog.




Digitized versions of archival materials made available by The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library are intended for study, research, and scholarly purposes only with proper citation of the material. For inquiries regarding use permissions, please contact the Archivist directly at

Due to the nature of some legacy collections, we do not know the exact origin of copyright and/or intellectual property rights for some of our materials, and their publication is free and clear of infringement claims sought by copyright owners. To make our information more accurate, we are eager to hear from any rights owners who might know of certain collection items’ origins.


“[Berwick House],” Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library Archives, accessed June 12, 2024,